Click on book title for link to free Kindle giveaway for
Share with friends, family & enemies. What are you waiting for?
Michael McCord’s wicked & wild 2013 political satire The Execution Channel: A Political Fable was just the beginning.
In an alternative political universe (a demented sibling to the grotesque spectacle of Trumpism), the second act of the Real America saga continues with the soon-to-be released End Times: More Great Adventures in Real America.
After surviving an attempted coup in 2018, Lawrence C. ‘Demon Seed’ Bowie has rebounded with his customary good karma. It’s 2020 and Bowie has been appointed Chairman, CEO, President, and toga-wearing Emperor Supreme for Life of Real America, Inc., the corporate governing body of the breakaway nation of Real America. Bowie is hailed (and hails himself) a genius for implementing the full power of The Galtian Imperatives (the economic religion of Real America) which prophesizes “super-duper profit capitalism” while no one really understands the alchemy at play. Bowie and his fellow Guardians of Galt strive to create “prosperity for all who matter” by eliminating representative government and embracing labor-free innovations such as moocher indentured servitude and a revival of plantation slavery.
Bowie yearns for historical glory and global acclaim but events and foes conspire against him:
* His beloved Mama Bowie defects to the Old USA and denounces her son “as an ignorant and dangerous fool” who “is stupid enough to destroy the world.” Bowie responds by wiping her existence from the Real America memory banks.
* The mysterious and elusive R-Gurr leads the Moocher Resistance Front in the war against Real America and ruins Bowie’s inaugural night of festivities.
* The Pious Pauli, Bowie’s closest adviser and the Great Galtian Mystic Supreme, is a former Congressional leader who defected from the Old USA. Celebrated for his unparalleled political corruption and assuring maximum return for his corporate benefactors, The Pious Pauli was handed instant wealth with a highly profitable poor house franchise system to transition moochers into corporate-sponsored plantation slavery. He’s also the leading conspirator in the plot to overthrow Bowie.
* Legendary secret agent Penelope the Psychic writes a book (The Execution Channel: A Political Fable) that debunks Bowie’s stature as founding genius behind the popular and profitable public execution televinet network. She also runs the formidable counter-intelligence forces of the Moocher Resistance Front and frustrates Bowie at every turn.
* Mr. Jones, the Grand Security & Secret Police Czar in Real America, is the second-most feared man in Real America. But he’s caught in an intelligence blackmail vice while he attempts to stop the Rapture Nine formula before it’s too late. The Rapture Nine formula has been developed by a Bowie-supporting religious cult to hasten the arrival of End Times biblical prophecy -- and the end of Real America.
Follow the absurd, farcical and satirical alternative reality of American politics and economics gone haywire in End Times: More Great Adventures in Real America which is slated for release in spring 2018.
The subversive and fantastical Real America saga invites readers to believe (a la Lewis Carroll) six impossible things at once, if not by breakfast then certainly by supper. Hysteria is optional.
Praise for The Execution Channel: A Political Fable
“A novel of fierce intelligence...a pointed and very funny mockery of our current cynical age.”
“With colorful characters so ludicrous they could only be real, McCord’s satire of profit, politics
and capital punishment should be required reading.”
The Execution Channel: A Political Fable is a satire in the tradition of Swift, Heller, Vonnegut & Marx (Groucho, that is). It will leave readers wondering:
Just how Real is Real America?
Don’t be afraid: Buy the book (paperback or digital) here!
Read my Daily Kos essay: Satire, Trumpism & Real America.