Veteran political journalist Michael McCord’s wicked & wild 2013 political satire The Execution Channel: A Political Fable was just the beginning.
In an alternative political universe (a half-sibling to the grotesque spectacle of Trumpism), the second act of the Real America saga continues with the soon-to-be released End Times: More Great Adventures in Real America.
After surviving an attempted coup in 2018, Lawrence C. ‘Demon Seed’ Bowie has rebounded with his customary good karma. It’s 2020 and Bowie has been appointed Chairman, CEO, President, and toga-wearing Emperor Supreme for Life of Real America, Inc., the corporate governing body of the breakaway, whites-preferred nation of Real America. Bowie is hailed (and hails himself) a genius for implementing the full power of The Galtian Imperatives (the economic religion of Real America that only a few understand) which celebrates “super-duper profit capitalism” and deadly austerity. Bowie and his followers strive to create “prosperity for all who matter” by eliminating representative government and reviving free-labor innovations such as indentured servitude and not-so-voluntary slavery.
Bowie yearns for historical glory and global acclaim but foes and events conspire against him:
* His beloved Mama Bowie defects to the Old USA and denounces her son “as an ignorant and dangerous fool” and releases a book (The Execution Channel: A Political Fable) that debunks her son’s stature as the founding genius behind the popular and profitable public execution network.
* The mysterious and elusive R-Gurr leads the Moocher Resistance Front in a guerrilla war against Real America and ruins Bowie’s coronation night of festivities.
* The Pious Pauli is Bowie’s closest adviser and the Great Galtian Mystic who deciphers the word of the goddess Ayn Rand. The former Congressional leader who defected from the Old USA and known for his unparalleled political corruption, The Pious Pauli also leads the conspiracy in the plot to overthrow Bowie.
* Despite a $200 million bounty on her head, legendary secret agent Penelope the Psychic runs the formidable counter-intelligence forces of the Moocher Resistance Front and frustrates Bowie at every turn.
* Mr. Jones, the Grand Security & Secret Police Czar in Real America, is the second-most feared man in Real America. But he’s caught in an intelligence blackmail vice while he attempts to stop the conspiracy against Bowie and save Real America from a business plan that would render it a devastated wasteland.
Follow the farcical and satirical alternative reality of American politics and economics gone haywire in End Times: More Great Adventures in Real America which is slated for release in 2018.
The subversive and fantastical Real America saga invites readers to believe (a la Lewis Carroll) six impossible things at once, if not by breakfast then certainly by supper.
Praise for The Execution Channel: A Political Fable
“A novel of fierce intelligence...a pointed and very funny mockery of our current cynical age.”
“With colorful characters so ludicrous they could only be real, McCord’s satire of profit, politics
and capital punishment should be required reading.”
The Execution Channel: A Political Fable is a satire in the tradition of Swift, Heller, Vonnegut & Marx (Groucho, that is).
It will leave readers wondering:
Just how Real is Real America?
Don’t be afraid: Buy the book (paperback or digital) here!
Read my recent piece in Medium: “Trump is Ours!” My Interview with Russian state TV expert Julia Davis